Practical solutions for sustainable agriculture
• An association of agricultural advisors with specialised competence in agricultural development, strategic planning and agribusiness solutions.
WHAT WE DELIVER
Every project in the fields of agribusiness and agricultural development offers multiple challenges. Agri-Africa crafts solutions drawn from the information environments in which such challenges are embedded – information that must be gathered, interrogated, analysed and finally, formulated into a meaningful and practical response. This process requires a team-based effort guided by a clear understanding of the client’s requirements. Mindful of this, we offer clients:
- In-depth investigation and research
- Client-centred assessment and analysis
- Data-driven agribusiness solutions
Where We Operate
At Agri-Africa we know the importance of working in consultation with local stakeholders and on the ground experts. We have developed extensive experience through the implementation of multiple projects across Sub-Saharan Africa
Those who seek to extend their reach and increase their effectiveness in the agricultural domain: rural development agencies, agribusiness enterprises, governments, co-operatives, investors and NGOs.
Our Core Team
Agri-Africa’s core team and associate group take a conscientious, deliberative and client-centred approach to deliverables.
He believes in identifying and building sustainable competitive advantages as cornerstones for a successful project. Jan adds value by relying on the valuable experience gained in the financial, agricultural, management and marketing fields.
Before entering the agricultural arena as a farmer and consultant, Michael’s experience in senior-level banking provided him with valuable insight into the ‘investigative research’ space, an indispensable skill for any meaningful interpretation of strategic context.
From his involvement with WorldVision and as head of Provincial Agriculture Eastern Cape, John brings a wealth of valuable know-how and perspective to our advisory and management services, particularly at the social / agricultural intersect.
Believing ‘good solutions’ start with ‘good questions’, Michael brings to our consultancy an intuitive appreciation of enterprise analytics and project governance, both rooted in a long and varied experience in farming, consulting and corporate management.
Murray offers administrative and technical skills alongside an ability, born of his varied experience in Africa, to fully understand the strategic perspectives that characterise the Continent’s Agricultural and Agri-developmental initiatives.
- Steve Cowell – CA, admin systems, quality management systems
- Peter Dall – Top fruit, horticulture
- Francois du Plessis – Civil engineering, dams, irrigation
- Joe Faber – Construction, electrical, water reticulation
- Brian Harrison – Geotechnical engineer
- Ariel Hugo – Agricultural Economist
- Danie Labuschagne – Environmental specialist
- Dr Isabel Meyer – Veterinary and logistics
- Andrew Murray – Process Engineer
- Adrian Piers – Aquaculture
- Richard Schley – Beef, grain, sustainable agriculture, out grower schemes
Our consulting and management services are underwritten by four philosophies:
- Sustainability: The critical yardstick against which our strategic planning is measured.
- Compatibility: The synergies we create through research, design and operational performance.
- Equity: The socio-political imperatives we strongly support ensure a fair deal for all stakeholders.
- Quality: The highest standards of excellence and accountability.
A typical advisory assignment goes through three interconnected stages: contextualise, analyse and resolve. The process typically involves in-depth research in the field and via desktop as well as regular consultation with clients and stakeholders. It concludes with a comprehensive report and a follow-up presentation.
To better understand the opportunities and alternatives presented by an assignment, we generate an analytic overview of the context in which the assigned project is embedded.
Analysis and Strategic Assessment
With the assignment contextualized and with its possibilities and boundaries broadly defined,
we are able to undertake a meaningful analysis of its robustness and its potential for success.
Conclusion and Mapping
On completion of a comprehensive micro-economic analysis, we conclude our assignment by consolidating our findings into a roadmap to guide the way forward and give the enterprise its best chance of securing its goals.